Briones Regional Park has it all

By Beverly Lane; If you’re looking for public parkland that offers peace, quiet, natural beauty, and panoramic views, you don’t have to drive great distances to find it. Search no farther than Briones Regional Park in central Contra Costa County. Although Briones is bordered by the communities of Martinez, Pleasant Hill, Lafayette and Orinda, its location […]

SRVCCC video for Senior Care Facilities

Disaster Safety Education for Senior Care Facilities By Candace Anderson, Contra Costa County Supervisor                                                                                   […]

John Muir Health Leader in LGBT health care

Human Rights Campaign Foundation recognizes John Muir Health for its commitment to LGBT patients, employees in national survey                                                                             […]

Look for Inspiration to Beat Procrastination

By Lisa T. Wood I felt a zing of accomplishment while folding the freshly washed towels. But the satisfaction was short lived. I knew the truth: the sudden interest in laundry was really a sham, a mere distraction to justify avoiding something else. I had been lured from the time-sensitive project waiting on my desk. […]

Charity Dog Wash will help homeless pets

Where can wet dogs help raise money for homeless pets? At the Dog Dynasty Charity Dog Wash and Celebration. Dog Dynasty is a dog daycare, boarding and spa facility with a commitment to helping dogs and cats who are looking for homes. Not only do they provide free boarding for pets in the Maddie’s Fund® Foster Program, they’re […]

Annual Party Palooza to Help Cancer Patients

The 6th annual “ Party Palooza ” is coming to the Tri-Valley in September and October to benefit the Sandra J. Wing Healing Therapies Foundation. The nonprofit organization will have 9 individual events to raise money to help local cancer patients.  Donations go toward providing pain and stress relief to local residents suffering with cancer. […]

Stan Hitomi named Alamo Citizen of the Year

Hitomi Recognized for Positive Impact on the Community Through his Leadership and Innovative Ideas  At the 32nd Annual Alamo Music and Wine Festival held on Saturday, September 6th, the Rotary Club of Alamo named Stan Hitomi, principal of Alamo Elementary School, as the 2014 Alamo Citizen of the Year. In addition to being recognized by the […]

Breakfast to Benefit Meals on Wheels

Pancake Breakfast will benefit Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services to be held at the Pleasant Hill Senior Center, 8:30 am -10:30 am Sunday, Sept. 7th, 2014 Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services is hosting a Pancake Breakfast fundraiser on Sunday, September 7th to raise money for fall prevention services in Contra Costa County.  The Pancake Breakfast […]

Aging safely in their own home

How to Maintain Your Aging Loved One Safe and Happy in Their Own Home On Thursday, September 11th at 6:30 p.m., The Elder Care Team, in conjunction with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Contra Costa County will present an informative evening of information about how to best care and provide for aged family members. In this […]