- This event has passed.
Frozen Sing-Along & Celebration
July 31, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 9:45 pmo
Frozen Sing-Along and Celebration at the San Ramon Library.
To celebrate the end of an era before we close for our exciting renovation we’ll show everyone’s favorite Disney film, “Frozen.” Join us for the sing-along version of the movie on the big screen and enjoy games, crafts and activities. Feel free to bring and enjoy your own snacks and costumes are encouraged. Doors open & activities begin at 7:00pm. Movie begins at 8:00pm.
San Ramon Library closes on Monday, August 17, 2015 for a remodel and expansion!
San Ramon Library City Council approved $4.45 million dollars for the construction phase of the library’s much anticipated expansion and renovation. The project will create a new state-of-the-art library within the current building.
The renovated San Ramon Library will feature:
- An expanded second floor that adds over 3100 square feet
- A redesigned first floor with increased space for the public
- A larger space for kids and their families, including an early literacy area
- A second entrance facing the new San Ramon City Hall and Central Park that connects the library to the Bollinger Canyon corridor including the future City Center
- Bright, inviting décor and updated furnishings throughout
- A larger space for teens on the second floor
- Areas for quiet reading and study
- Four small study rooms, a meeting room that can accommodate 8-10 people, and two listening rooms in the Jazz area
- A larger meeting room with state-of the art A/V equipment that can open up to the entire second floor space
- Technology upgrades and infrastructure to support the community’s high expectations for information access
San Ramon Library closes on Monday, August 17, 2015 and will remain closed through 2016 as the project progresses. It is expected that the library will be closed into early 2017. During the closure, hours at Dougherty Station Library will be increased to mirror the current San Ramon Library schedule including Tuesday and Wednesday mornings and Sunday afternoons.